Some mysterious room with sorcery going on?
Had some fun with an old scene I started for Polycount Environment Art Challenge (based on this nice concept by Asim Steckel: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/1BnZG). Used megascans assets for dressing (pots, bottles, chest).
- Created most materials by mixing Megascan assets with Mixer
- Modeled and baked trim sheet in Blender, detailed surface in Mixer
- Tried out bevel/face-weighted normals combo to achieve shading
- Created lamp/chain blueprint in UE4: Project physics constraint to ceiling and generate chain with instanced static mesh component
- For lighting I followed the tutorial on the Unreal Academy website and looked at other artists projects